POSITION DESCRIPTION: In cooperation with the Faith Formation Committee and Co-Lead Pastors, the Director of Family Ministries:
- effectively and efficiently develops and leads the youth and family ministry programs of the congregation, including (but not limited to) confirmation, high school youth activities, and intergenerational events
- Oversees all aspects of Pre-K - 12th grade Sunday School, including selecting curricula, recruiting/training teachers, communicating to families, and serving as Sunday School teacher when needed
- works with the Faith Formation Committee in planning and coordinating Vacation Bible School, First Communion Instruction, and other programs,
- responsible for development and oversight of a small groups program/ministry,
- contributes to the congregation’s social media accounts with current and frequent postings highlighting the ministry and programs of the youth & children
- serves as liaison to the Southeastern Synod and the ELCA for promotion of and youth participation in synodical and church wide events. • attends monthly Faith Formation Committee and staff meetings, and Congregation Council meetings
- oversees adult volunteers to ensure a safe and appropriate ministry environment using congregational, synodical, and denominational policies and guidelines.