Operations Manager and Events Coordinator at Holy Innocents' Episcopal Church
Full Time job available immediately.
Will receive applications and interview until the position is filled.
Holy Innocents' Episcopal Church seeks a collaborative, patient, organized, and joyful individual to maintain the church calendar and use of space by outside groups. This includes coordinating sexton schedules and providing for needs of our community programs including the Ventulett Art Gallery. The Operations Manager will communicate regularly with contractors and coordinate building repairs and regularly scheduled maintenance agreements. HIEC is in Sandy Springs just inside the Perimeter between 400 and I-75.
SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATION
- Direct and manage property and facilities at the direction of the Parish Administrator and/or Rector to ensure that the site, physical plant, and Church building are in excellent condition for all Church activities.
- Place orders for office supplies for staff and kitchen supplies for parish events.
- Manage the budgets for care of the property to balance needs with funds.
- Maintain facility use calendar for parish events and community groups.
- Collaborate with Holy Innocents' Episcopal School to coordinate shared events, space needs, and special services between church and school.
- Organize set-up for all events in the church including prompt cleanup.
- Facilitate Ventulett Gallery exhibits and coordinate with artists and committee.
- Provide technical troubleshooting for all technological needs
- Serve as the point person for the audio-visual and sound needs of the church including the hearing assisted devices, sounds systems, online streaming needs, and the internet.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as necessary including the Buildings & Grounds Team and school bi-weekly calendar meetings.
- Support a wide variety of events and functions paying special attention to regular needs of the Altar Guild and Flower Guild.
- Coordinate regular deliveries of supplies.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Diplomatic communication skills to nurture our spirit of collaboration with colleagues, church members and community partners.
- Professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Proven excellence in management.
- Ability to use event scheduling software, online calendars, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to drive a car for church errands.
- Administrative precision and attention to detail.
Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and strives to avoid all unlawful discrimination. All qualified employees and applicants are entitled to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of race, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (subject to the ability to perform essential functions of the job), or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Full time, Monday-Friday
- Full individual medical, dental and retirement benefits
- Compensation based on experience and ability
- Paid holidays, sick leave and vacation are outlined in the church’s HR Manual
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Caroline Fleming, Parish Administrator
Holy Innocents' Episcopal Church
805 Mt. Vernon Hwy NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30327 404-255-4023