This position is open to an organist or pianist. A pianist hired for this position, who wants to learn how to play the pipe organ, will be granted free use of the church’s pipe organ.
Duties and responsibilities as follows:
- Be responsible for playing the service music, on the pipe organ or piano, at all regular Sunday services (one per Sunday) and special season services (such as Advent services, Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, mid-week Lenten services, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday)
- Meet regularly with the Pastor, and when necessary, with the Worship and Music Committee, to properly coordinate and organize the appropriate music for all upcoming services.
- Learn, know, and understand the structure of the liturgy not only for regular Sunday church services but also for all festival Sunday services and other special services.
- Select preludes, offertories and postludes for all Sunday worship services that are appropriate for the season and the day.
- As practical, be available as the preferred organist/pianist for weddings and funerals held at the church.
- The stipend for which should be covered by the families
Street Address: 2229 Starling St. Zip Code/Postal Code: 31523 Salary: $10,000 a year