We are looking for a part time Bookkeeper/Administrator who has experience working in a Non-profit environment. Individual hired will handle the day-to-day financial affairs of a large established church in Peachtree Corners, GA. This is a 20-25 hours a week position with flexibility working in a great environment.
The primary duties of this role include, but not limited to:
- ensuring the efficient recording of financial transactions
- coordination of member giving statements
- timely and accurate staff payroll processing, and
- preparation of all required financial reports.
- Efficient financial recording and reporting based on proper accounting procedures, including timely posting of credits and debits to Automated Church Systems (ACS)
- Coordinate online giving processes and transactions
- Disbursement of properly documented and authorized funds
- Timely and accurate invoice processing and vendor management
- Recording of all member contributions and issuance of regular contributor statements
- All aspects of Payroll and Benefits for staff and contractors
- Assist the Treasurer and Audit Committee in conducting an annual audit of the financial records and policies of the church
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial reports to the Congregation Council, committees, and the congregation
- Assist the Council in preparing the annual budget
- With the Treasurer, monitor monthly cash flow to anticipate monetary requirements
- On a timely basis, handle all stock transactions for congregation members
- Primary responsibility for full, accurate, and timely management of all accounting and financial matters of the church.
- Ensure proper financial policies are practiced, evaluated, and updated as necessary.
- Responsible to the Senior Pastor and Congregation Council
- Works closely with Treasurer, Financial Secretary, Stewardship Committee, Facility Manager, and other staff
- Attend staff meetings and be an integral part of the staff team (on-site for a majority of hours)
- Attend Congregation Council meetings as requested
- From a business viewpoint, assist staff or committees in solving organizational problems
- Be a positive representative of the ministry and mission of the church
- Other duties as assigned or apparent.
Gifts and Abilities:
- Experience working in a Non-profit environment
- Experience and training in computers, especially Automated Church Systems data base management and financial modules
- Supervisory experience is helpful
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Good rapport and cooperation with volunteer workers and staff
- Strong attention to organization and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working with people and groups.