Lutheran Church of the Redeemer, Atlanta, GA, seeks a part-time (30 hours per week) Youth Director to direct and lead youth programming for Middle School and High School age youth. The Director of Youth Ministry shall seek to foster Christian community through building intergenerational relationships that strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ.
- Lead discipleship activities, to include teaching/discussion groups, regular youth activities, community outreach opportunities, and participation in synod/churchwide gatherings.
- Work with Pastor for Faith Formation to recruit, train, support, and shepherd volunteer youth staff.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of congregational life, creating a culture that is intentionally intergenerational.
- Assist in developing innovative strategies engaging in faith formation
- Coordinate Confirmation schedule including, identifying small group leaders, recommending confirmation materials, communicating with parents and volunteers.
- Be part of the worshiping community at Redeemer on a regular basis
- Nurture relationships between youth and the larger congregation
- Develop relationship with Synod youth program and attend Atlanta-area youth worker meetings
- Work with Pastor for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Team
- Create materials to market all youth events through Social media and in-house publications.
- Coordinate approved fund-raising that support special youth activities and trips
- Evaluate youth events and make recommendations for future activities to identify lessons learned and to build upon successes in the future.
- Present, implement and monitor an Annual Youth budget and calendar
- Engage in a continuity of care with youth (i.e. helping introduce rising 6th graders into the program and maintain contact with youth as they transition to college)
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive youth directory with quarterly updates
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain an attitude of teamwork
- Flexible work; scheduled office hours, may include evenings and weekends
- Part-time employees receive accrued vacation, personal days and holidays
Qualifications: The Youth Director plays a major role in the faith development of the younger members of the church, both as a leader, and as an example, Redeemer seeks a professional leader who has a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith, Lutheran theology and has a strong desire to nurture young people in the Christian faith. We seek a person who generates new ideas and values a team concept of ministry.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with a variety of communication and social media platforms
- Experience working with special needs youth
- Ability to organize and work with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and pass a Background check
No phone calls please. Reply by email: email@example.com