Faith Formation in a Post-Pandemic World
This webinar program and accompanying resources from Lifelong Faith Associates seeks to answer the question:
What will faith formation look like as we emerge from the pandemic in Fall 2021 and beyond?
This was a cooperative effort amongst the Region 9 synods of the ELCA.
Scroll to the bottom of this page for a full description
For slides and a video of a hybrid faith formation
session from LifeLong Faith, click here:
Faith Formation Planning Clinic Region 9 ELCA (LaVecchia) from John Roberto on Vimeo.
Building Community & Relationships
Building Community & Relationships SC (Angha) from John Roberto on Vimeo.
Children & Family
Children & Family (Campen) from John Roberto on Vimeo.
Hybrid Faith Formation
Hybrid Faith Formation - Region 9 ELCA (Pittenger) from John Roberto on Vimeo.
The pandemic disrupted all of life, including the ways that we have done faith formation. In the midst of the pandemic pastors and faith formation leaders have done amazingly creative work in faith formation, reaching and engaging people of all ages at home, in small groups, and online—using digital tools and methods, such as websites, digital playlists, video conferencing, streaming, online classrooms, and social media platforms. Their work was nothing short of a transformation in the how and when and where of faith formation.
Now as we emerge into the post-pandemic world, we can begin planning for the future of faith formation in Christian churches. Leaders are asking. . . .
- How have our people been changed by the pandemic? What new needs and hungers have emerged? How can we respond to their lives in the post-pandemic world?
- How do we build on the effective approaches and tools we used during the pandemic? How do we sustain our innovations into the future?
- Where are the new opportunities for forming faith? What’s possible now?
- How do we build more resilient, responsive, and adaptive faith formation for the future?
This webinar program and accompanying resources from Lifelong Faith Associates seeks to answer the question: What will faith formation look like as we emerge from the pandemic in Fall 2021 and beyond?
- Each webinar is 90 minutes in length with presentation, group interaction, and application activities; and conducted on Zoom.
- The program includes resources created to accompany each webinar and assist churches in designing faith formation—all provided on the LifelongFaith.com website. Videos from each presentation will also be available after the presentation to share with your leaders and teams in the church.