Focusing on the theme "Preaching in Such a Time as This: Kairos, Truth, and Prophetic Gospel," the Southeastern Synod's rostered ministers and lay leaders will hold its 2019 Leadership Convocation, October 15 -17, at Lutheridge, Arden, NC.
Our keynote speaker, the Rev. Dr. Sam Giere, Wartburg Theological Seminary, will offer a series of presentations during which we will "explore the proclamation of Jesus Christ in such a time as this (Esther 4:14), by discerning 'the times,' considering the relationship of trust and truth, and engaging the prophetic nature of the gospel of Jesus Christ."
This year's convocation brings changes and opportunities listed below:
- One-on-one with Bishop Strickland - Four, 30-minute segments are being provided to meet one-on-one with Bishop Kevin Strickland. (Note: You may also contact Ms. Carolyn Nottingham Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-589-1977, extension 235, to schedule a synod office or telephone call appointment with the Bishop.)
- One-on-one with the Rev. Karen Boda, Assistant to the Bishop for Congregational Life - Four, 30-minute segments are being provided to meet one-on-one with Pastor Boda to discuss MOBILITY. (Note: Beginning September 2019, you may contact her at email@example.com or 404-589-1977, extension 226, to address mobility, Global Mission and other areas for which she has oversight.)
- First Call Gathering - The gathering, led by Pastor Michael Jannett, will take place on Tuesday, October 15 from 10:00 a.m. to noon.
- Free Time Events - You are welcome to spend your free time on Wednesday afternoon as you please or join one of the organized outings: Hiking with Rossing; Chat and Chill with the Bishop; Groce and Jones Go Golfing.
- Interim Pastors' Gathering - The gathering, led by Pastor Delmer Chilton, will take place on Thursday, October 17 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Registration - Registration will be processed online via the synod office as opposed to through Lutheridge. Following the link here, you will be able to register your participation, request lodging, make a payment, schedule a one-on-one session, and register to participate in one of the organized Free Time events should you choose. Registration is open through September 30. Please contact Ms. Carolyn Nottingham Davis should you have registration questions.