Salvation Army Cold Weather Program
Atlanta Mission Cold Weather Beds
- Free and open to men, women and families experiencing homelessness.
- Temperatures must be predicted to drop below 40 degrees from 9 p.m. and 4 a.m.
- Sober participants can present for intake at 8:45 p.m.
- Participants are asked to leave by 5 a.m. and are provided with lunch and list of community resources.
- 20 men, 8 women and 2 families will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- All participants will be provided with a mat and a blanket and required to sleep head to toe.
- No participant with a history of violence can return.
- All participants are searched for weapons and contraband.
- COVID-19 protocols are strictly enforced (temperature check, face mask, hand sanitation).
- Participants must provide proof of a “negative” TB and COVID-19 screening within seven days of their initial entry.
- A referral to the Fulton County TB Clinic and/or Mercy Care will be given upon request.
- Dates vary depending upon temperatures; between 11/13/2021 and 3/31/2022.
Gateway Center Warming Center
- 20 beds available for men at The Shepherd’s Inn when temperatures are below 35 degrees.
- Women and women with children will be taken at Restoration House starting 11/29/2021.
- Open to individuals experiencing homelessness at 40 degrees and lower on weekends.
- 35 single men; 5 single women; 2 families consisting of 3 individuals in each family.
- Agencies looking for an update on availability can call 404-215-6600.