With so many local establishments closing in our synod, many are experiencing food insecurity. As such, the synod staff is compiling a list of food resources for you to share with your parishioners. If we are missing any, please contact Pr. Michael Jannett by clicking here.
Please go to this form to fill out your information about your church's closing and to list how / when / where food is available in your area. We will be updating the food resource list below with your responses to food availability.
- Birmingham (Greater Birmingham Ministries,https://gbm.org/) - Food distributions on Fridays.
- Pelham (Oak Mountain Ministries, https://oakmtnmissions.com) - Oak Mountain Mission will be closed beginning Tuesday, March 17 and will reopen on Monday, April 6. The Mission will be open on Monday, March 16 only to dispense food to recipients. No other services, such as clothing or household item support will be available on Monday.
- Trussville (The TEAM - Trussville Ecumenical Assistive Ministries, Facebook page) - Provides food and clothing
- Atlanta (Lutheran Church of the Redeemer, https://www.redeemer.org) - Yes. Food Ministry will remain open with To Go boxes. Taking requests for help as well as offers of assistance
- Buford (North Gwinnett Co-op, https://northgwinnettcoop.org) - Thrift store is closed to focus on food & financial help; Food and Financial resources remain open and available; provides food delivery for certain clients in need.
- Oakwood (Christ LC, https://clcga.org) - Putting together food teams and working with local food pantry
- Stone Mountain (Rock of Ages LC, https://www.rockofageschurch.org) - Noonday meals provided Sunday - Friday
- Here is a list compiled by an Atlanta-based news source, which includes several Atlanta-area schools that are giving free lunches. Click here for details.
- Blountville (Immanuel LC, FB page here) - Congregation has money through a Morton grant and provide food for the elementary students across the street. Provides food for The Children's Advocacy Center and for the ICU's in Bristol and Kingsport.
- Greeneville (Reformation LC, http://reformationlutheranchurch.org) - Congregation supports the local food bank and have food bags available the church.
- Johnson City (Our Savior LC, http://oslc2.cc) - Congregation has a parish nurse who lets congregation know when food is needed for congregants. Supports local food bank.