Join Bishop H. Julian Gordy, and fellow Lutherans and friends from across the synod on a pilgrimage to Montgomery, Alabama, Saturday, April 27, 2019. Our purpose is to experience The Legacy Museum, and The National Memorial for Peace and Justice followed by a period of reflection and conversation with Bishop Gordy and members of the Equal Justice Initiative.
The agenda for the day is as follows:
- Tour The Legacy Museum in the morning.
- Break for lunch at a nearby eatery of your choice.
- Tour The National Memorial for Peace and Justice in the afternoon.
- Gather at 4:00 p.m. across the street at the Peace and Justice Memorial Center for reflection and conversation.
Are you interested? Here's what you need to do.
- Follow the link below to register your participation with the Synod Office. You may register multiple people at one time. https://se-reg.brtapp.com/MontgomeryPilgrimage
- Purchase your ticket(s) from the museum at the link following. https://museumandmemorial.eji.org/visit
- Peruse the attached Montgomery Pilgrimage Location Guide for important information about the Montgomery area, to include places to stay, worship, eat and visit. This guide is especially helpful if you plan to make the pilgrimage a weekend event. (The Montgomery Pilgrimage Location Guide is created and provided courtesy of the Rev. Tiffany Chaney, pastor developer, Gathered by Grace, Montgomery, AL.)
Should you have questions, please contact Ms. Carolyn Nottingham Davis, Executive Assistant to the Bishop, firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you in Montgomery! All are welcome!